ABOUT USSince it first opened it's doors in Sept 2000 Real Cycles has been through many changes but at the core of what we've always done is a love for bikes and a passion for getting people on to the right ones.
Right from the start in our 500sq ft shop with only a handful of bikes and a tiny amount of accessories to our present operation with a 3000sq ft showroom displaying a huge range of bikes ranging in price from £400 to £5000 and accessories from all the top brands we have had one simple rule: Be honest. Today we still live by this simple rule.
No matter your a visitor to our showroom or a mail order customer we promise to always give you honest advice, based on our experiences as cyclists not based on what we want to sell you. This approach has sometimes meant we've lost a sale as we were unable to supply exactly what was needed, but it's gained us a loyal following of regular customers who are happy to share their good (and bad) experiences with you on our testimonials page.
When it comes to what we stock we've always had an equally simple rule too: Only stock what we would use. It's a simple approach, but over the years it's worked for us.
The Real Cycles Timeline
- 2000 - Real Cycles opens it's door in a tiny shop in Carryduff, Belfast.
- 2000 - We start stocking bikes from Raleigh, Claude Butler, GT & Ridgeback.
- 2001 - We launch RealCycles.com and start selling bikes online, one of the first to do so.
- 2002 - Realcycles.com takes off and we take over the warehouse to the rear of the shop
- 2002 - We expand the shop doubling it's size and add more bike brands, notably Kona and GT.
- 2003 - We drop Raleigh and Claud Butler as the quality falls below our standards.
- 2003 - RealCycles.com is rebuilt to cope with demand and online payments.
- 2004 - More staff join Real Cycles and the shop is further expanded into the unit next door.
- 2004 - We launch a race team.
- 2005 - Commencal comes to Real Cycles. It turns out to a pivotal move for us.
- 2006 - More staff, more brands, running out of space, again!
- 2007 - An incredible year: Turnover doubles!
- 2007 - The workshop is moved to a separate unit in the quest for more showroom space.
- 2008 - Kona is dropped to be replaced with Genesis.
- 2008 - Time to relocated lock stock and barrel to a MUCH bigger unit.
- 2009 - Relocation year, never again!
- 2009 - The economy goes into freefall but we remain strong.
- 2010 - After ten years as a MTB specialist we move into leisure and road.
- 2010 - We add the newly re-launched Saracen brand
- 2011 - We re-build RealCycles.com again and start streamlining our operation.
- 2011 - We are now a lean mean bike selling machine with very competitive prices.
- 2012 - Lots of new services added and Avanti Bikes joins us.
- 2012 - A tough year in retail but we come out of it stronger than we went in.
- 2013 - Marin approach us to become key NI dealer, we accept.
- 2013 - After a successful year Avanti pull out of the local market so we look for new brands.
- 2014 - Out of the blue Felt make us an offer we can't ignore. We're Felt dealers!
- 2014 - After years of online growth we decide to re-focus back on in-store
- 2014 - Too many bike brands, so we drop Ridgeback, Saracen and Genesis.
- 2014 - And immediately add Mekk road bikes! Workshop is getting busier and busier.
- 2015 - To cope with more repair business we open a 2nd workshop.
- 2015 - Loads of new premium accessory brands added. It's gonna be a manic year!